The threat from Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices (RCIED) has increased because of the wide availability of commercial radio-control equipment that can easily be adapted as IED triggers.
The use of RCIED’s allow terrorists to place large amounts of explosives against hard or soft targets with a high degree of mobility – in effect turning these RCIED’s into precision weapons that cause mass casualties and physical destruction. RCIED attacks require less coordination, planning, expertise, material, and money than the more spectacular type of terrorist methods, such as aircraft hijackings or employment of weapons of mass destruction, yet still can achieve the mass casualty objective.
As the deployment of RCIED’s by terrorists and criminals increases, civil and military security services are required not only to meet the current threat but also to predict terrorist capability advances in order to provide effective countermeasures.
Stratign FZCO offers a series of Remote Control Improvised Explosive Jammers to its customers for different application.
Automated Small Size Radio Reconnaissance and Jamming Station is made in a form of two assemblies of the unit and a bearing finding the antenna.
- When the signal is detected the following features are registered and measured by the PC hard disk.
- Signal central frequency
- Signal spectrum
- Detected signal source direction finding
- Power and time parameters of the signal, including those of packet signals and the Signals with frequency hopping of up to 300 hops per second.
- Search, Detection, Frequency selection, Monopulse bearing finding of the radio emission sources with a vertical wave polarization together with measurement of their medium frequency, spectrum width, relative power level for the following signals:
- AM, FM, CW, FSK, ASK, PSK
- Technical analysis of given signals
- Audio interception
- Forming an interfering signal at the prescribed carrier frequency, as well as at a prescribed communication line frequency group set with a programmed operating frequency tuning using a frequency tracking method.
- Automated selection and representation by PC screen of the input signal flow by the following: frequency, direction, target type (traditional, TV code, frequency hopping), time and power parameters.
- Synchronous scanning of the frequency range consisting of the direction-finding pair by the external synchronous pulses.
- Interaction with Control PC by standard interfaces.
- Implementation of frequency hopping “chasing” algorithm.
- Telephone conversation on HDD or floppy disk.