Having a power-packed lawful interception system that can seize events over communication networks in almost real-time, combined with progressive data analytics and monitoring platform is highly fundamental. This is because the standards for Lawful Interception Systems permit to intercept communication data (such as voice, chat, SMS and more) and capture network events that comprise location via the metadata. The Lawful Interception System is then capable to intercept and evaluate communication content, while passively and dynamically locating multiple targets, which offer a significant advantage for public safety and Law Enforcement Agencies.
Stratign supports these requirements with a Monitoring Center Platform for Lawful Interception which functions on any communication network. The beneficial solution – Lawful Interception System can record any type of audio and SMS content across the nation with real-time listening / viewing attributes and has offline analytic tools to generate and compile intelligence-based data.
Law Interception: What does it mean?
Lawful Interception is the legally certified official surveillance of private communications, for example, SMS, Phone calls and more. It is a legal requirement which mandates service providers to help authorized LEAs to recognize, analyze and deliver all electronic communication of preprogrammed individuals and groups when requested.
What does the term Bulk Interception of Calls indicate and what is its role?
Bulk Interception of Calls refer to the capability to gather mass data on all devices connected to a network or geographical territory. The limitlessness and richness of the information can vary from basic communication metadata, phone records, to location and cell tower data.
The key usage and analysis of Bulk Interception of Calls is the capability to historically evaluate pattens-of-communication. For instance, in a murder investigation, the phone records of a Subject of Interest (SoI) can be ordered along with the cell tower information to support in evidencing or disproving if the SoI had interacted with the victim or was present at the location during the time of the incident.
Stratign’s Lawful Interception System: Monitoring Centre (STN-MC)
Being a switch-oriented Lawful Interception System, The LI system solution from Stratign holds the capability of capturing targeted communications from Telecom Switches. This phone interception solution can capture all communications both mobile and fixed line which are passing via the telecom switches.
When it comes to location-tracking, almost all countries have LI or special requirements and have deployed them utilizing global Lawful Interception requirements and standards formed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) or 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), for wireline/Internet, wireless, and cable systems, correspondingly. In the United States of America, the equivalent requirements are expediated by the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), with abilities disseminated unitedly by the Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice.
The Monitoring Centre (STN-MC) from Stratign is a turnkey solution for the supervising, processing, decoding distribution and presentation of intercepted data of targets from circuit switched networks (Such as for mobile and fixed phone calls) as well as for packet switched networks (like internet, electronic mails) and is utilized by law enforcement and/or intelligence Agencies. The STN-MC is compliant with the latest ETSI and/or CALEA provisions for the Lawful Interception System and can also assist country-based Lawful Interception handover protocols.
The solution also permits to execute Bulk Interception of Calls, which assists in seizing personal communications and information of thousands of individuals, nationwide.
The function of Bulk Interception of Calls may be beneficial, for example in the following scenarios:
- To generate links between known subjects of interest, boosting understanding of target’s behavior and the connections they are making or the multiple communications tactics they may be utilizing.
- To look for traces of activity by people who may not be known yet but who surfaces during an enquiry, or to recognize patterns of activity that may indicate a risk to the nation.
Generic Features of the Lawful Interception System
- No difficulty in implementation and easy-to-utilize.
- Accessible in multi-port options for multiple E1.
- Mountable across technology & product environment.
- 8TB Buffering Capability (Can be increased depending on the user requirement).
- Logging of incoming calls with specific requirements, for example time, duration, date, CLI, etc.
- Registering of outgoing calls with date, duration, the number dialed & time.
- Date and time of every attempt of making an outgoing call (Does not matter if the call is connected or not).
- Stereo authentication of caller and called for digital lines via recording.
- Provision for implementing instant monitoring of voice communications.
- Facility of search in reports on the basis of caller-id, the call duration, time etc.
- Solution for all communication networks: Circuit Switched and Packet Switch
- Scalable disseminated architecture provides Central Monitoring Centers and Remote Monitoring Centers for deployment across the nation.
- GIS location-tracking system shows real time position of targets.
- Compliant to Global Standards, for instance ETSI, CALEA and country-oriented standards.
- Recordings can be explored, basis date and time, TMSI, IMSI and IMEI.
- Case-based Target Administration.
Overall, Stratign’s Lawful Interception solutions emphasize on authoritatively intercepting private communications to aid legal and/or criminal investigations. The Lawful Interception System offered by us comprises of all available systems such as cellular networks and fixed-line network.
Bulk Interception of Calls provide Law Enforcement the tools needed to maintain a safer society & Stratign’s Lawful Interception System with other solutions are conformable to worldwide regulations making it a perfect low-cost solution in comparison to other dealers in the market.