In a progressively complicated & hyperconnected world, security & defense organizations require high levels of insight, cooperation and optimization of resources and information, which was not possible earlier. With development of communication technologies, the need for Centralized Data Repositories have become fundamental for organizations to proficiently and effectively monitor numerous data streams and arrive at accurate mission-critical decisions. These repositories are not only valuable for Govt. & Military agencies but to the Departments of Police & Fire, LEAs as well.
Centralized Database VS. Distributed Database: What’s the difference?
a) Centralized database:
Centralized database is known as a database system which is positioned, preserved and collected in a single location like main-frame computer. Data accumulated in the ‘Centralized DBMS’ is allocated throughout the network computers. It incorporates a set of records which can conveniently be recovered from any location by utilizing WAN and LAN internet connections.
b) Distributed database:
Known as a set of interrelated databases (multiple and logical), Distributed database management system is thereby circulated over the network. It incorporates a single database which is then divided into other mini fragments. Each portion is assimilated with each other and is synchronized by a separate database.
Centralized Data Repository: It’s significance.
Be it for overseeing, responding, governing, collaborating or communicating, Centralized Data Repository solutions are an imperative component towards managing day-to-day operations, that permits for extra efficient work and better decision-making.
A Centralized Data Repository enables LEAs to provide an immediate response to risks on public. Here’s how!
- It assists in making decisions that are driven by information in the situation of an emergency or at times of standard operations.
- By utilizing specialized devices and applications, it raises awareness of the situations amongst civic administrators.
- It aids the officers to make strong decisions on ways to deal with the situation.
- Since the systems are networked, it makes it possible to get in touch with the assisting workforce at distant ends to tackle the on-field grievances and challenges.
Analytical and Centralized Data Repository from Stratign
Stratign’s evaluative and Centralized Data Repository solution is an intelligent decision, support and operations management platform which allows the user to ‘Collate, Process, Analyze & Disseminate’ intelligence information in real-time.
How does it work?
Stratign’s Centralized Data Repository helps Commanders & Senior Managers to gain data from numerous sources to be reachable centrally at the Data Center and analyze them for augmented planning of operations.
The system gathers data from sensors like COMIT Systems, ELINT Systems and National Data Repositories into a central database. The gathered information is then evaluated using an analytical application software suite. The evaluation includes Image and Video Evaluation, Correlation Analysis, Crypt Analysis, Voice Print Analysis and OSINT. The results of the evaluation are collected as a metadata in the same database along with call-related information and intercepted content.
Based on the entire data about metadata, several filters can be applied by the users for various parameter based analysis. Hence, the operators & the administrators would be able to receive and react upon this information.
- Ability to integrate prevailing 3rd party sensors or Stratign’s sensors.
- Provides visualization and advanced graphical analytics.
- Possibility to unify with active jamming systems operating throughout the broad frequency range to stabilize the signals of interest.
- Integrated GIS for situational awareness.
- VPA incorporates Discovery of Speaker & Language, Keyword Spotting, Gender Detection, Emotion & Age Detection.
- Image & Video Evaluation: System can analyze Gender, Age, Face Recognition, Discovery of Vehicle Types & Registration details etc.
- Link/Correlation Analysis permits generation of call hierarchy and significant electronic forensic attributes.
- Integration of Open-Source Intelligence toll permits collection of more data from open-source platforms.
In a nutshell, the software and customized solutions created by Stratign can be utilized for the conversion of raw information to valuable intelligence. This thereby facilitates to support intelligence-based organizations and other LEAs, efficiently and successfully.