In a situation of emergency, effectual public communication about the event and provision of advice on how to react can reduce the negative impacts of a disaster and save lives. The quicker this communication is disseminated, the better. For this reason, since the last few years, the rise in both the frequency & destructiveness of […]
In a situation of emergency, effectual public communication about the event and provision of advice on how to react can reduce the negative impacts of a disaster and save lives. The quicker this communication is disseminated, the better.
For this reason, since the last few years, the rise in both the frequency & destructiveness of disasters has led to an increased focus on the application of disaster management measures. Today, various businesses face threats from several places, ranging from cyber-attacks to natural disasters, which means the adoption of critical communications can be entailed at any time.
Mainly, there are 2 main criteria’s that need to be considered when we deliberate upon disaster management emergency communications, i.e., speed & reach. These 2 elements certainly work as strengths of Short Messaging Services (SMS).
The high penetration level of the system between people and well-established, country-wide coverage of mobile telecommunications networks worldwide is what makes SMS Broadcasting Systems as one of the profound means to send alerts or warning messages.
In fact, there are numerous examples for when this system can be applied to a disaster management and relief requirement:
- When you have a group of volunteers coming at an area to help and require dispatching them to particular areas.
- When you require to make surety of all the personnel in a relief shelter are receiving important announcements/ updates.
- When you require to organize & manage grass-top level communications among agencies & non-profits on the ground.
- When you need to communicate with survivors of natural disasters such as floods or earthquake, etc.
Stratign’s SMS Broadcasting System
The SMS Broadcast system from Stratign utilizes the specialized GSM advertising method which enables sending imperative information messages, advertisements, promotional offers and cautionary messages to handsets. It offers an influential messaging platform to communicate the most up-to-date and vital information, promptly.
Considering disaster management, the system has been accurately designed to convey messages locally to the affected areas. The system also allows delivering messages as per own requirements for numerous other situations like political agitations, critical events, riots etc.
With Stratign, take advantage of our products that are constructed to help your rescue operations efficiently & effectively by communicating during a disaster management crisis.
- Produces a special outlook system that can identify the presence of new handsets in the place of interest and send messages immediately
- Complete detection of IMSI, IMEI and TMSI data within its range.
- Non-compulsory “In Network Calling” allows to make calls within the System structure.
- Showcases mobile model, network provider and country of origin.
- Supports complete remote control via in-built 802.11 Wireless Access point.
- Automatic delivery of SMSs to all mobiles recorded onto the system.
- In-built “environment inspector” to examine and monitor the quantity of UMTS, LTE and GSM networks in a vicinity, equivalent Base Stations and neighboring cells.
- It’s not mandatory to be contacted individually considering each potential victim.
Therefore, with our SMS Broadcasting System used for disaster management, local governments & aid organizations will be effectively able to reach out with a helping hand to those in need of any immediate crisis help, increasing the possibilities of lives that can be rescued and protected.