These days, it is highly quintessential to have a power-packed massive interception systems that can seize events over communication networks in almost real-time, combined with progressive data analytics and monitoring platform. This is because the standards for Lawful Interception (LI) Systems have been laid down globally and it facilitates interception of communication data (such as voice, chat, SMS and more) and capture network events which includes location information in the form of metadata.
The Lawful Interception System should be capable to intercept and evaluate communication content, while passively and dynamically locating multiple targets, which offer a significant advantage for public safety and LEAs.
Let’s understand how Stratign supports these fundamentals with a Monitoring Center Platform for LI which operates on any communication network.
Lawful Interception: What does it mean?
Lawful Interception (LI) refers to the power of LEAs to eavesdrop on users of communication networks provided they have the authority to do so. It is the government’s legally sanctioned access to private communications, like telephone conversations, e-mail messages, direct messages, and the like.
What does the Massive Interception System mean & what is its role?
Massive Interception System refers to the capability to gather mass data on all devices connected to a network or geographical territory. The limitlessness and richness of the information can vary from basic communication metadata, phone records, to location and cell tower data.
The key usage and analysis of Massive Interception System is the capability to historically evaluate pattens-of-communication. For example, in an investigation related to murder, the phone records of a Subject of Interest (SoI) can be ordered along with the cell tower data to support in providing evidence or disproving if the SoI had interacted with the victim or was present at the location during the time of the incident.
Stratign’s Lawful Interception System: Monitoring Centre (STN-MC)
The Lawful Interception Solution from Stratign holds the capability of capturing targeted communications from Telecom Switches. This phone interception solution can capture all communications both mobile and fixed line which are passing via the telecom switches.
In fact, almost every country has LI or exclusive requirements and have deployed them using global Lawful Interception needs and standards formed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) or Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), for wireline/Internet, wireless, and cable systems, correspondingly. In the USA, the equivalent requirements are advanced by the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), with abilities distributed unitedly by the Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice.
The Monitoring Centre (STN-MC) from Stratign is a turnkey solution for the supervising, processing, decoding distribution and presentation of intercepted data of targets from circuit switched networks (Such as for mobile and fixed phone calls) as well as for packet switched networks (like internet, electronic mails) and is utilized by law enforcement and/or intelligence Agencies. The STN-MC is compliant with the modern ETSI and/or CALEA provisions for the LI System and can also help country-based LI handover protocols.
The solution also permits the usage of Massive Interception System, which assists in seizing personal communications and information of thousands of individuals, nationwide.
The functionality of Massive Interception System may be beneficial, for example in the following scenarios:
- To generate links between known subjects of interest, boosting understanding of target’s behavior and the connections they are making or the multiple communications tactics they may be utilizing.
- To look for traces of activity by people who may not be known yet but who surfaces during an enquiry, or to recognize patterns of activity that may indicate a risk to the nation.
Generic Features of the Lawful Interception System
- No difficulty in implementation and easy-to-utilize.
- Accessible in multi-port options for multiple E1.
- Logging of incoming calls with specific requirements, for example time, duration, date, CLI, etc.
- Registering of outgoing calls with date, duration, the number dialed & time.
- Date and time of every attempt of making an outgoing call (Does not matter if the call is connected or not).
- Mountable across technology & product environment.
- 8TB Buffering Capability (Can be increased depending on the user requirement).
- Stereo authentication of caller and called for digital lines via recording.
- Provision for implementing instant monitoring of voice communications.
- Facility of search in reports on the basis of caller-id, the call duration, time etc.
- GIS location-tracking system shows real time position of targets.
- Compliant to Global Standards, for instance ETSI, CALEA and country-specific standards.
- Recordings can be explored, basis date and time, TMSI, IMSI and IMEI.
- Case-based Target Administration.
Overall, Stratign’s Lawful Interception solutions emphasize on authoritatively intercepting private communications to aid legal and/or criminal investigations. The Lawful Interception System offered by us comprises of all available systems such as cellular networks and fixed-line network.
The Massive Interception System provides Law Enforcement the tools needed to maintain a safer society & Stratign’s Lawful Interception System with other solutions are conformable to worldwide regulations making it a perfect cost-efficient solution when compared to other dealers in the market.