An international mobile subscriber identity-catcher, or IMSI-catcher, is a telephone eavesdropping device used for intercepting mobile phone traffic and tracking location data of mobile phone users. IMSI-Catchers allow adversaries to intercept your conversations, text messages, and data. They can be used to determine your location or to find out who is in a given geographic area at what time. Identity thieves can use freely available tools and even build their own rogue GSM BTS to monitor and manipulate communications from a parked car in your residential neighbourhood – notably for stealing passwords or credit card data from people nearby who make purchases on their phones. The reason IMSI-Catchers are so commonly used is that it is very easy to get away with using them since they leave no traces.
Stratign’s BTS Hunter is designed to detect and locate “fake” cellular networks such as IMISI Catchers and Cellular interception/monitoring systems. It can alert the users on possible interception and tracking. It helps Government and law enforcement agencies, private individuals and service providers detect and locate users of illegal Monitoring equipment. It also assists mobile network providers evaluate the user-perceived performance of their Network equipment and immediately identify any misconfiguration. The system is an essential counter measure tool to detect and defeat cellular network eaves dropping.
- Fully passive scanning of network environment.
- Real-time analysis of surrounding GSM, UMTS and LTE networks.
- Built-in cell search capability, allowing to locate any cellular network transmitter.
- Intelligent algorithm for detecting a presence of suspicious network activity using more than 75 parameters.
- No SIM card from the service provider is required.
- List of all cells around system in real time.
- Automatic filtering fake cells based on defined criteria.
- Search the source of selected cell.
- Plug-in directional antenna to improve cell search experience (optional).
- Operational range upto 2 KM.