OSINT – Open-Source INTelligence – In simple words, Collection and correlation of Information/Data using some specific tools/techniques are referred to as open source intelligence. Example: Asking questions on any search engine or Researching on a topic on any public forums.
- Instant Result: OSINT solution could achieve targeted results in seconds thereby saving tremendous time.
- Global Reach: Open-Source Intelligence can be accessed and employed from anywhere at any time.
- Latest Updates: OSINT alerts you when something relevant is posted online, with its live monitoring feature
– you can receive an alert within seconds of the original post being published.
- Wide-Range: OSINT platforms can deliver comprehensive results by searching not only on social media platforms, but on blogs, boards, public chat rooms and even many of which are only available on dark web.
- Well-Defined: OSINT is greatly useful for organizing surreptitious information into a definite context.
- Validated Source: OSINT can authenticate sources promptly.
- Uncover Targets: OSINT provides investigation tools that helps in uncovering who is behind a target data.
With the ever increasing growth of technology, the need to collect information quickly yet specifically arises. OSINT will be an integral component in cyber intelligence. An Organization with an appreciation for OSINT values and potential will be most effective in future.