Radio frequencies in the HF/VHF/UHF/SHF bands are extensively used for varied communication needs by the Military, ParaMilitary, Police and other personnel. HF frequencies (3-30 MHz band) are the dominant means of long distance (beyond line of sight) communication using skywave propagation while VHF (30-300 MHz) and UHF (300-3000 MHz) frequencies are used for shorter ranges since V/UHF propagation is limited to Radio Line of Sight (RLOS) distances. The frequencies above 3 GHz up to 30 GHz fall in the SHF bands and are used in shorter ranges of terrestrial communications because of its properties of propagation.
Stratign offers Strategic/Static HF, VHF, UHF and SHF radio signal Monitoring and Direction Finding (DF) Systems, in the frequency range from 0.009 MHz to 8000 MHz, which has been designed for the purpose of providing national defence and intelligence agencies with the capability to intercept the plain traffic from radio networks in the said frequency bands. The Radio Monitoring and DF System can intercept, monitor and direction find multiple targets simultaneously.
The H/V/UHF Monitoring and DF System can be used in various scenarios depending up on the mission requirement. This system is deployed at a static location to intercept the traffic in that general area. The system can be left unattended for prolonged durations and the system records the signals in that area. The recorded I&Q data can be sent to a centralised control and analysis station through an existing communication network or can be copied and sent to the analysis station for offline analysis.
Multiple of such static or mobile stations can be connected to a central database for storage and analysis purposes. Stratign also offers a fully Automated Spectrum Monitoring System (ASMS) which allows for networking of all Monitoring and DF Stations and are centrally tasked and controlled from a Control Station. This helps in carrying out radio spectrum analysis over a complete Zone or even the Country.
The operation of the system does not require deep knowledge of the radio communication and provides an excellent platform to intelligence agencies for obtaining valuable data intelligence from radio networks which are used by criminals and terrorists.
Features of the Static System
- Panoramic spectrum analysis within the entire operating frequency range (0.009 – 8000 MHz) or within separate intervals in complicated electromagnetic environment.
- Plotting frequency-time diagram within analysed frequency ranges.
- Measuring of electromagnetic field strength and signal parameters.
- Demodulation of AM, SSB, FM signals and Decoding of TETRA, DMR, DPR, DpMR, NXDN P25, etc. signals.
- Automatic direction finding of radio emission sources with random modulation types and spectrum width in single-channel and multi-channel modes.
- Building of bearing panorama within operating frequency range.
- Real-time display of bearings, spectrum panorama, bearing history and signal amplitude history.
- Technical analysis, including revealing of central frequency, signal type, modulation type, signal bandwidth.
- Accumulation of data for further analysis in the postprocessing mode.
- Check of frequency/time parameters and service information of base station of modern communication and data transmission systems (GSM, IS-95, cdma2000, EV-DO, UMTS, TETRA, DECT, LTE, DMR, APCO P25, dPMR, NXDN).
- Selective direction finding of signals of GSM, UMTS, LTE base stations.
- Detection and direction finding of frequency hopping signals (up to 1500 hops per sec).
- Displaying bearing to a radio emission source in electronic map.
- Mapping DB information on the electronic map.
- Remote control based on TCP/IP via wire and wireless communication channels.
- Synchronize system stations based on GLONASS/GPS signals while working in integrated mode for synchronous DF and LF of radio signal sources.
- Transmitter location evaluation based on direction finding data (triangulation).
- Transmitter location evaluation based on TDOA method.