Wi-Fi IP NETWORK ANALYZER
Nowadays, the whole world relies on Wi-Fi as a cheap and convenient method to exchange information. The increasing availability of wireless technology has lately produced new concerns regarding security. For instance, wireless transmission intercepts, in which unencrypted wireless network traffic is intercepted, and confidential information is often compromised. As a result, illegal activities might also […]
Nowadays, the whole world relies on Wi-Fi as a cheap and convenient method to exchange information. The increasing availability of wireless technology has lately produced new concerns regarding security.
For instance, wireless transmission intercepts, in which unencrypted wireless network traffic is intercepted, and confidential information is often compromised. As a result, illegal activities might also take on Wi-Fi for their development.
Hence, Stratign’s tactical Wi-Fi interceptors and Wi-Fi monitoring systems will help law enforcement to keep an eye on the violators. But first, let’s get to know the basics to understand the latter well.
What is Wi-Fi IP Traffic Analyzer?
A Wi-Fi IP Traffic Analyzer gathers information about access points and channels on your network and displays it in an easy-to-understand, visually accessible way. A wireless network analyzer can assist you to maintain quality of the connection, which can be essential for several business requirements and performance metrics. Wi-Fi signals are always changing, and minor changes in the network can have huge effects on the total connection uptime.
How does a Wi-Fi IP Traffic Analyzer work?
Most Wi-Fi IP Network Analyzers work similarly in which you can choose a wireless spectrum to examine, such as 2.4GHz or 5GHz. The analyzer then evaluates that range to observe networks, their channels, and strength of the signal.
Utilizing a Wi-Fi IP Traffic Analyzer, you can collect information that aid you to identify problems, or it can point out potential solutions such as swapping to another channel to minimize congestion. You can also utilize this type of tool to identify areas in your facility with a weak Wi-Fi signal.
Stratign’s Wi-Fi Monitoring System
Stratign’s Tactical Wi-Fi Monitoring System has been designed to provide your national defense and intelligence agencies with the capability to intercept the traffic from social networking sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter), Chats (Facebook Chat, Yahoo Chat) , Webmail (Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc.), Video Steaming (YouTube, Live leak).
The system can intercept the internet traffic from both secure and unsecure Wi-Fi networks operating on 2.4 and 5.8GHz frequency band. Taking advantage of Wi-Fi communications, the system obtains access to target network using proprietary technology. STN-2052 is equipped with all necessary hardware and software to intercept both HTTP and HTTPS traffic. The system offers end-to-end solution to implement the whole interception process, from the access in the beginning to final analysis. It consists of several modules, each of which deals with a different aspect of the interception process and features a variety of algorithms and methodologies.
The Wi-Fi interceptor from Stratign can intercept multiple targets which are connected to targeted access point and using Wi-Fi network on their mobile, tablets, desktops and laptops. The system can acquire, decode and reconstruct the traffic from all targeted devices simultaneously which are connected to targeted access point.
As most of the Wi-Fi networks are secured using wireless security protocol, the first step would be to break the protocol and retrieve the password to intercept the traffic from targeted devices. To break the Wireless Security Protocol and calculate the password, the system is equipped with dedicated high-performance Hardware Decryptor which can break the WEP, WPA and WPA2 secured Wi-Fi networks.
Advantageous System Features
- Designed for Interception and reconstruction of IP traffic from both unsecured and secured Wi-Fi networks
- Support 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi frequency bands
- Can break WEP, WPA, WPA2 secured Wi-Fi networks
- Capable of working independent of firewall, antivirus and security updates
- Can intercept the traffic from target devices using different OS like Mac OSX, Windows, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux etc.
- Single unit to intercept secured (HTTPS/SSL) and unsecured networks
- Can load the legal certificate issued by certifying authorities and has inbuilt root certificate for Intercepting and Reconstructing HTTPS Traffic.
- Can intercept, decode and display the Targets login credentials from the following and many more:
a) Email: Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, GMX Mail, Yandex, Mail.ru, Country Specific Emails etc.
b) Social Networking: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
c) Messenger: Skype etc.
- Can intercept and automatically reconstruct the browsed webpages in the same language, on which it is browsed on the target system.
- Can intercept Chats sessions like Yahoo chat, Facebook Chat along with session related information.
- Can intercept Emails sent from Email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird Mail etc.
- Can also be used for jamming of specific Wi-Fi network
- Can be used for both static and portable deployment depending upon the mission requirement.
Overall, various intelligence agencies and firms are quickly perceiving the benefits of wireless monitoring and how it can transform their organizations. As technology spreads further and continues to develop, these benefits will deepen, meaning now is the time to investigate the best Wi-Fi Monitoring solutions for your business requirements that Stratign has for you.