With the technological advancement in the field of wireless communication and increased affordability of data connectivity, the usage of Wi-Fi for communication has increased manifold. This also absolves the user from having to be at a fixed place with wired connectivity and thus increases their freedom of movement within the range of the network. There are lot of free Wi-Fi spots available at places like coffee shops, malls, airports, hotels, etc. and these are being growingly used by anti-social elements to carryout subversive activities.
This is where the need arises for Law Enforcement Agencies to control the existing scenario via a Wi-Fi Monitoring System, specifically designed and developed for them to monitor and identify such subversive activities in premises where there’s availability of Wi-Fi networks. A system that can scan Wi-Fi stations and access points, capture WLAN traffic, supports Wi-Fi Password Breaking (WEP/WPA/WPA2 passwords), display detailed per-node, per-channel statistics and reconstruct visited web page contents.
What do we mean by Wi-Fi Password Breaking?
Wi-Fi Password Breaking incorporates the method of exploiting security weaknesses in networks that are wireless and obtaining unauthorized access by breaking passwords. It mainly refers to exploiting the networks that use standard encryption to implement security controls.
Knowing more: Stratign’s Wi-Fi Monitoring System
The Tactical Wi-Fi Monitoring System from Stratign has been designed and developed to assist your country’s defense and intelligence bureaus with the capability to intercept the traffic over the Wi-Fi links from social networking sites (such as, Facebook, Twitter), Video Steaming (YouTube, Live leak), Chats (Facebook Chat, Yahoo Chat), Webmail (Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc.), etc.
Operating on 2.4 and 5.8GHz frequency bands, the system can monitor the web traffic from both secure and unsecure Wi-Fi networks. The system acquires access to target Wi-Fi network utilizing proprietary technology. STN-2052 is equipped with all the essential hardware and software to monitor both traffic protocols: HTTP and HTTPS.
What’s more? Stratign’s Wi-Fi Interception System can monitor multiple targets which are linked to targeted access point utilizing Wi-Fi network on their mobile, laptops, desktops, tablets etc. The system for Wi-Fi Password Breaking can calculate the passwords in a short duration after which it can decipher and reconstruct the traffic from all targeted devices simultaneously which are linked to targeted Access Point.
As Wi-Fi networks are primarily secured utilizing wireless security protocol, the 1st step would be to discern the protocol and password to monitor the traffic from targeted devices. In order to carry out Wi-Fi Password Breaking i.e., break the Wireless Security Protocol and determine the password, the system is equipped with a robust high-performance Hardware Decryptor that can crack the WEP, WPA and WPA2 secured Wi-Fi networks.
Beneficial System Features
- Designed for Data Interception and reconstruction of IP traffic from both unsecured and secured Wi-Fi networks
- Support Wi-Fi frequency bands: 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz
- Supports Wi-Fi Password Breaking of Wi-Fi networks: WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Proficient of working independent of antivirus, security and firewall updates.
- Can seize the traffic from target devices utilizing various unique operating systems like Mac OSX, Windows, Android, Blackberry, iOS, Linux and more.
- Able to load the legal certificate issued by certifying authorities and has a built-in root certificate for Monitoring and Reforming HTTPS Traffic.
- Capable to seize, decrypt and show the login details of the target via the below & many more:
- Electronic mails: GMX Mail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Gmail, Yandex, Mail.ru, Country Specific Emails and more.
- Social Networking: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Messenger: Skype etc.
- Can monitor and involuntarily recreate the browsed webpages in the same language, on which it is searched on the target system.
- Can capture Chat sessions such as Yahoo chat, Facebook Chat along with session related data.
- Can monitor emails delivered from E-mail client such as Outlook, Thunderbird Mail etc.
- Can also be used for blocking of specific Wi-Fi networks.
- Based upon the mission requirements, it can be used for both static and portable deployment