LAWFUL INTERCEPTION SYSTEM
In a digital world, it is essential to identify and analyze the communications to assist in investigations. For this reason, the Intelligence Departments and the Law Enforcement Agencies need quickly analyzed data from different sources. Stratign supports these needs with a Monitoring Center Platform for Lawful Interception operating on any network. The nationwide phone interception […]
In a digital world, it is essential to identify and analyze the communications to assist in investigations. For this reason, the Intelligence Departments and the Law Enforcement Agencies need quickly analyzed data from different sources.
Stratign supports these needs with a Monitoring Center Platform for Lawful Interception operating on any network. The nationwide phone interception solution can record any type of audio, video and data content with real-time listening / viewing attributes and has offline analysis tools to create and compile intelligence data.
What is Lawful Interception?
Lawful Interception is the legally authorized official surveillance of private communications, for instance, SMS, Email messages, telephone calls etc. It is a process of security which permits service providers to assist law enforcement agencies to recognize, evaluate and deliver all electronic communication of predetermined individuals and groups when requested.
Lawful Interception (LI) is a requirement consigned upon service providers to offer legally sanctioned official access to private communications. With the current Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), Lawful Interception is implemented by applying a physical ‘tap’ on the phone line of the target as a response to a warrant from a Law Enforcement Agency (LEA).
Stratign’s Monitoring Centre (STN-MC) – A perfect solution for Lawful Interception
The LI system solution from Stratign is a switch-based Lawful Interception System which is capable of intercepting targeted communications from Telecom Switches. This nationwide phone interception solution can intercept all communications (mobile and fixed line) which are going through the telecom switches.
When taking location tracking into consideration, approximately all countries have lawful interception or proficient requirements and have implemented them utilizing world-wide LI requirements and standards constructed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), for wireline/Internet, wireless, and cable systems, respectively. In the USA, the equivalent requirements are facilitated by the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), with the certain capabilities disseminated cooperatively by the Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice.
The Stratign Monitoring Centre (STN-MC) is a turnkey solution for the monitoring, processing, decoding distribution and presentation of intercepted data of targets from circuit switched networks. (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony) as well as for packet switched networks (e.g. internet, email) and is used by law enforcement and/or intelligence agencies. The STN MC is compliant with the latest ETSI and/or CALEA specifications for the Lawful Interception System but can also support country specific LI handover protocols.
The solution also allows to carry out Bulk Interception of Calls, which supports capturing personal communications and data of thousands of individuals, nationwide.
The function of Bulk interception of calls may be beneficial, for example in the following scenarios:
- To establish links between known subjects of interest, improving understanding of target’s behavior and the connections they are making or the multiple communications methods they may be using.
- To search for traces of activity by individuals who may not yet be known but who surfaces during an investigation, or to identify patterns of activity that might indicate a threat to the nation.
Generic System Features
- Hassle free implementation and easy-to-use.
- Available in multiport options for multiple E1.
- Scalable across technology and product environment.
- 8 TB Buffering Capacities (Can be increased as per the user requirement).
- Logging of incoming calls with specifications such as time, duration, date, CLI, etc.
- Logging of outgoing calls with date, time, duration and number dialed.
- Date and time of every attempt of making an outgoing call (irrespective if the call is connected or not).
- Stereo documenting of caller and called for digital lines via recording.
- Provision for employing real-time monitoring of voice communications.
- Facility of search in reports based on caller-id, duration of the call, time etc.
- Solution for all Circuit Switched and Packet Switch communication Networks.
- Scalable distributed architecture offers Central Monitoring Centers and Remote Monitoring Centers for nationwide deployment.
- GIS location tracking system displays real time location of targets.
- Compliant to Global Standards like ETSI, CALEA and country specific standards.
- Recordings can be searched on date and time, TMSI, IMSI and IMEI.
- Case-based Target Administration.
Overall, Stratign’s Lawful Interception solutions focus on officially intercepting private communications to support legal and/or criminal investigations. The Lawful Interception solution offered by us comprises of all available systems such as cellular networks, internet networks and fixed-line network.
Stratign’s Lawful Interception Solutions are compliant to international regulations making it a low-cost solution compared to other vendors in the market. Our Lawful intercept solutions support capturing of VoIP traffic which considerably help the Law Enforcement Agency (LEA) to oversee the voice communication from several VoIP applications.